Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 1 - 2012 again

So far so good, I made it through the day without checking FB or drinking booze.

AND to make this first leg of the journey extra super duper interesting, I decided to go on a self assigned and created cleanse for the next few days. I'm not doing the crazy cayenne pepper & lemonade sh*t your pants and be in the worst mood ever regimen, it's more of a fruit, vegetables, nuts and legumes situation. I just went to the food store (you know, the store with the food), got $40 worth of the above that I find tolerable (orange bell pepper, celery, carrots, pineapple, oranges, grapes, almonds & black beans), and chopped the heck out of it all so I can take snax to work tomorrow. I was going to have the black beans for dinner, but when I read the back of the bag I realized it would take FOREVER (like hours) and I'm supposed to do something like "soak" them first? Whatever. I was just going to go hungry until I found some potatoes in the fridge so those are baking, which also takes forever but does not require learning new skillz like "soaking."

Wow, if this was a FB status you wouldn't have had to read all of that mundane sh*t. It would have been crystallized into something like, "FML!!!"

But, just like when reading a personals ad, if you've gotten this far-- you must be interested. I'll try not to let you down. My life, uncut, comin' atcha for the next forty-something days...and I'll try to make it more interesting than my shopping list in the future.

You stay classy, Internetlandia, and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment