Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 6 - 2012

I had 2 photo shoots to tend today, so I was on my feet and my mind was occupied for most of the 14 hours between leaving and coming back home. The distraction was pretty much a blessing. Though my feet hurt and my eyes are burning, I'm getting better all the time...wanted a beer pretty bad after we wrapped, but I came home and had a diet Dr. Pepper instead (further perpetuating my "old lady" status). Caffeine and carbs have come back into my life with a vengeance, so at least that un-zombie'd me some. I never thought I'd be so excited to see a bagel on the catering table (<-- that's a lie). Didn't really feel like telling anyone I saw today about the TW situation, but I talked to my mom tonight and told her. I don't know if I was being strong for me or her, but I made it through the story without falling apart, so that's progress.

I pulled a muscle crying last night. Never felt anything like that before, didn't even know it happened until the deep breaths I was trying to take started making the top of my ribs ache. The hurt has dulled now, in almost every sense.

Trying to look on the positive side, I know there's nothing to be gained from looking any other way. Being realistic and optimistic seem like they can be negotiated, guess I have to find the balance.

Just had to give TW her drops, and either I've figured out her kryptonite or she's figured out mine. The antibiotics in her eyes she's fine with, but last night after I sat her up so I could put them on her tummy, she cowered in her cage for the rest of the night when I let her go. That made me upset(er) so tonight I tried to soften the blow with one of her personal favorites- a hint of jalepeƱo flavored Tostito chip. After I put the drops on her tummy she ran into her cage again, but this time I popped my hand in right after her, holding out a chip. Instead of cowering, she pulled it right out of my fingers and devoured it without any sense of shame or fear. Not sure who's happier about this discovery, but it's nice to wonder about a different emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment