Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 11- 2012

I'm pretty over being down. I struggle with letting myself feel depressed because I want to be fun to be around, and sometimes this turns into passive aggression when people don't understand (how could they? it's not like I'm telling them) instead of dealing with it. So I've been trying to allow myself just feel this and ride it out as an alternative, but I've gotten to a point where I want to stop indulging it because the ride is taking too long.

To work on developing a more positive outlook and stop being such a little b**ch, I'm going to list some things that ARE good right now:

- 2 of my friends are getting married next week. I'm excited to be invited to the celebration because they are a couple of the most genuine and kicka** guys I know. I think it's pretty awesome that gay couples are finally able to do this. In a world where some people still hold up values that allow Kim Kardashian's 12 minute marriage to rank as more sacred than their 10+ years relationship, I pride myself on being on the side of sanity. Also, doesn't hurt that their wedding is taking place at one of my favorite new places in the 'hood, Sugar Freak.

- BRUNCH! I actually went there today with a dear friend and got this fatkid orgasm on a plate:



Yeah. There's plenty more of that in my future.

- My parents are visiting next weekend. They're seeing a few Broadway shows and it's my dad's birthday so we're going to Dinosaur BBQ to celebrate while they're in town. Rick, Sue & salt potatoes-- now that's a reason to smile.

- The weekend after that some of my favorite people are coming to town and staying with me. We'll be seeking out Irish music (but I won't be drinking...on St. Patrick's day. Ouch, but oh well.) and getting together with some of my other favorite local people for Italian food and shenanigans. I love all of those things.

- In the coming month I've got tickets to the Head and the Heart and First Aid Kit x 2. Rock'n'roll soothes my soul! Those bands are awesome, go check them out.

- I'm heading to New Orleans in a couple weeks to unwind, relax, eat, sleep in, see live music & performances, hang w/ awesome peeps and generally unplug. Being there always makes me more zen and I haven't been back since October so I'm way overdue. Funny thing is, the more I visit, the more I know what it means to miss New Orleans...

- At the end of the month I'm going with a friend to Philly for the first time. We'll be seeing First Aid Kit and visiting her family, good times.

...and that's just March. So, yeah, I should buck up and be happy. There seems to be a line I've crossed from healthy emotional behavior into hiding in darkness that I want to uncross.

And this helped! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to ride this wave and dance around my apartment in my PJs to Kanye & Jay Z cuz I'm feeling like taking it to the moon, then taking it to the staaaaaaaaars.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment