Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 9 - 2012

Day 8 (Leap Day, which was exciting all on its own) I bought a purse and matching wallet.

This is only notable because I've never bought a purse before. I'm more of a "bag" kind of gal, and I've been sporting the same Kid Robot tote for the last year or 2. Ol' Totey is awesome and has reflective piping, which comes in handy because I do so many reckless activities after dark, but I figured it was time to retire/upgrade.

Percy & Wally (I'm named them too, guess who's who!) are shiny in their own right, yet devoid of vinyl toys-- caricatures of, dangling, or otherwise...this may take some getting used to. The brand is not a crazy fancy label or anything but it did cost more than I usually spend on myself. I figure with the no booze I'll break even soon though. I've also been bringing my lunch all week in an attempt to not fall off the "cleanse" wagon onto a plate of onion rings, so there's savings there too. Look, here they are!



Clappity clappity!

After moving into Percy & Wally (found some crazy shizz in the old Wall-E btw, like the business card of the cowboy / middle school teacher that walked me back to my hotel from the Grand Canyon Brewery 2 summers ago and a tiiiiiiny folded paper subway map...REMEMBER MAPS?! THAT WEREN'T ON YOUR PHONE?! I do, now.), I popped in the Netflix that just arrived in the mail: "Can't Hardly Wait." Had to pause partway through so that I could make my bedtime, but just finished it now on Day 9.

That movie's awesomeness totally holds up. I know most of the words, yet I haven't seen it in years, so it was sort of like running into an old friend without missing a beat. CHW came out in 1998, when I was a junior in high-school, and easily joined the rotation with Dazed & Confused, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Better Off Dead and The Breakfast Club. Those movies are all great and I love them in their own right for helping me fumble through my H.S. years, but CHW is special because I relate to it on a different level.

Jack from Hook was all grown up (just like me), there's a NKOTB reference, Seth Green wears Jnco-like pants, and Blink 182 is featured on the soundtrack. AND!!!-- tonight, I spotted a young Jason Segel as one of the stoners. I ask, what's not to love? This is the movie that keeps on giving. Go put it on your queue, I'll wait here....

Feel better now? Me too.

The takeaway of CHW as I interpret it is pretty typical for the genre: keep on keepin' on. No matter what age I am, if I'm carrying a Jansport or a Calvin Klein, it's nice to have the warm fuzzy feeling of getting that message.

AAAAAAAAAND it's bonus-style awesome that Jenna Elfman as a stripper/angel helps bring it home.



I'll leave you with that. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment