Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 2 again

My fingers always twitch now when I open a new browser window. Instinctively my left index finger touches the “f” key for a moment, and flashing before my eyes are tiny red boxes with white numbers in them, all telling me PEOPLE CARE ABOUT YOU, THEY REALLY REALLY DO!

The serpent whispers sweet nothings in my ear “x commented on your status, x likes your activity, x tagged you in a photo, x thinks you are kickass & wants to eff you” and all I need to do to feel these virtual embraces is type in one little password. No! Staying strong, get thee gone FB/Satan! I’ll go get a real hug.

Please excuse me while I seduce a co-worker. I'll just do a virtual status update, I'm going to head into our office kitchen and shout "I'm awesome, please love me!" I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment