Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 3 again

This blows. It's weird not knowing what everyone is doing. I thought at first it was liberating to not obsessively be checking FB, but instead I feel like I'm being left out. I want to just sneak on there and see what everyone is thinking, doing, and uploading. I guess I could text or (gasp!) call my friends. But I've tried that.

My now defunct New Year's resolution was to start using my phone as a phone more often, rather than just using it to FB, text and as GPS. I thought it would save time and be more personal than email/text. Here's how that went:


me to our intern: I'm bringing back phone calls, it's gonna be awesome! Watch.

intern: Ok, I'm watching.

me: (
tap James' phone number, hold iPhone up to ear in anticipation, wink at intern)

James: (
picks up, he's muffled, confused) Oh hey, um, hi, whats up?

me: Jamesy! Where do you want to meet tonight? How 'bout on the corner, ya know, like we're hookers.

James: Um, huh? What?

me: Like we're hookers! That work the corner! Never mind. I just meant the corner we always meet on, is that were you'll be?

James: Ok, yeah, sure....wait, what?

me: (head in hands) 6:30. The corner. Of 8th. And 37th. Be there. (click/tap/hang up)

me again: I should have just texted him.

intern: No, that was awesome, you're off to a great start.

I found out later my call had woken James up from a catnap at his desk and he was still 1/2 asleep when he picked up, thus the confusion. I decided to give up phone calls anyway, too much uncertainty.

Maybe I should go buy some stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment