Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 7

I’m not a particularly religious person, I’ve had to look up lots of the J.C. metaphors in Wikipedia, I mean the Bible. I did go to Catholic school, but that was more a reflection on the sorry state of the public school system in Florida than my parents’ desire for me to fear God. When I do go to services, it’s with them, and they are Lutherans. Those are groovy Christians who prefer potluck suppers to fire & brimstone and they let gays serve in the clergy. I do believe in those things.

I’d describe myself as spiritual, which is the box I check in online dating profiles. (Yes, yes I'm single. Now if only I could find 2 friends who are also single and as awesome at dancing as me, then we could make a video about it by ripping off Bob Fosse.) I’m obviously aware of the concept of Lent though, and although I’m doing this more as a personal experiment than as an act of obedience, I think J.C. still digs it. Any guy who embraces potlucks and gays is bound to understand me. I wonder if he’s on match.com…

No comments:

Post a Comment