Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 4

Did laundry today and had no idea what to do with myself while I was sitting there, waiting to put clothes in the dryer. I started reading the NY Times, stalking the world instead of stalking my friends. I learned about Family Guy vs. Sarah Palin re: Down Syndrome (shut it, b*tch), the future of DC Comics/Entertainment (yay for Green Lantern!), and pythons in FL (I lived there 22 years and never saw a "python army" but next time I go home I'm totes looking for one because that sounds hot).

I decided to log out of the
iPhone FB app, because momentary or "accidental" tap there would undo me, but I didn’t delete the app altogether. I still like to look at it. I find comfort in the little warm blue square with soft edges and that reassuring “f” that cheekily bleeds off the bottom of the button. That world full of friends and Betty White trends isn’t gone forever, it’s just off limits for awhile. I feel so out of it though. That Betty White SNL thing is probably soooo old news, and I wonder did that pickle ever get enough fans to beat Nickleback? This better be worth the stress.

At least I learned some newsworthy things at the landromat, and I'm going to be a blast at the next party I get invited to, assuming (as I do) that people love to talk about comics and pythons.

No comments:

Post a Comment