Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 6 - 2011

YAAAAAY!

Busy weekend. My apartment now looks less like that of a broke-a** coed and more like a gainfully employed twenty-something (30 in 6 months) lives here. The couch still needs to be put together (cover & chaise out of stock) but with any luck by this weekend at least, the love-seat will be assembled and I'll be 90% there. Before & after photos to follow...it's startling. I WAS LIVING LIKE A HOBO!!

I also went on a tossing rampage, throwing away 7 garbage bags of random stuff. The Vanilla Ice book made the cut, sadly my VHS collection did not. Holes in my heart due to the loss of Reservoir Dogs and Rocky Horror Picture Show etc. on glorious tape aside, it feels so good to come home to a less cluttered space. I still have a-ways to go (my kicka** friends/worker-elves dogged me on the stacked shoe-boxes that embody my "filing system") but it can finally be said of my home transformation: it's all happening.

A coworker in the lunchroom today misinterpreted an overheard conversation I was having with another coworker about all the building and purging this weekend and asked "Oh, where are you moving?" Without missing a beat I replied, "Into my thirties." There are undoubtedly other conspiring factors that got me to give myself a kick in the a**, but the fact remains that I keep mentioning it because 30 looming is a huge driving force in my commitment to accomplish all the resolutions I made for myself this year.

Also, for me, as far as I can tell getting older has meant getting better and better at figuring out how to enjoy my life. One of my recent epiphanies has been that I've been saving money and standing still because I wasn't sure what was going to happen next. Well NOW is happening...NOW. And it counts too.

So anyway...this is all leading up to-- I find this time around, giving up FB has been much easier. Maybe it's because I'm having such a good time living in the moment-to-moment of my own life, and haven't felt much compulsion or desire to get lost in what other people are doing...or maybe it's just cuz I'm pure awesome.



I'm going to call it a draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment