Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 14

Reflection time.

FB/Satan's mission is "to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected." But really I think it just enables me to be more lazy than I already am. Sure, I've reconnected with people that I lost touch with, but shouldn't we just have been doing a better job of keeping our address books updated if our friendship mattered? It's cool at first to catch up, but ultimately the long-losts and I seem to get bored with each other because there's not much we have in common but memories, and those are finite.

Advantage though: it may have eliminated the need to go to my upcoming 10 year high school reunion. I already know what my former classmates are up to, so what are we going to talk about? The weather, I assume, because that's a hot topic. Just ask my Grandma:


My G'ma effing loves the weather. She loves that fridge Frosty the Snowman we got her too, but who wouldn't ? It's totally kickass.

But I digress...reunions are 'sposed to be like in the movies, when you find out the jocks are alcoholic car salesmen and the mean b*tches got fat, I mean pregnant. Through FB I know most of this already and conversely they all know about me. I'd never be able to get anyone to believe I invented Post-its at this point, and I'll have used up all my good weather chat on G'ma, so it's a wash.

Although with this reasoning I may also miss out on helicopter rides and homicide...I'm either going to be very disappointed or it's going to be the best night ever. Better start practicing my dance moves and martial arts in case I have a change of heart.

2 comments:

  1. I'll totally go with you if you want to do a sweet interp to "Time after Time". Or dispose of someone in the boiler room - whichevs.

    ps - your gma is rad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so all we need is a convertible and firearms...I'm on it.

    She totes rocks, thanks!

    xo

    ReplyDelete