Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 20

Ugh, I miss FB. I miss stalking my friends. As it turns out I'm not that good at keeping up with people if I actually have to work hard at it. I'm emailing and texting more...and using the hell out of Twitter, most recently to live-tweet my predominantly wrong Oscar predictions and critique the awards show. I don't tend to think of tweeting as cheating. Sure, it's social networking, but only a fraction of my friends are nerdy enough to overlap on Twitter (I love you nerds!, please follow, RT and @ me!).

On the upside, I've become less concerned with spinning every interesting moment or event into a FB post of some sort. I saw a pretty sunset this weekend, but nobody else knew about it and that happens to be A-OK. Even though there was no formal documentation of this as a mobile upload or status update, it still happened and it was still awesome. I instinctively began to brainstorm a caption for the moment, then remembered my Facebreak and shrugged away that thought. I just soaked myself in the pretty sunset, all warm'n'fuzzy in the brightly fading amber light without sharing it with anyone. Until now...but this is only for illustrative purposes, there's lots more cool sh*t you don't even know! (there's not, really)

Moral of the story: I suck at predicting award show winners, and sometimes it's nice to be selfish with your sunsets.

2 comments:

  1. This is so ridic but maybe will give you some comfort in that we all struggle in our relationship with FaceF*k -- my first thought to this post was, "Where is the 'like' button?" sigh...
    -- Sara in chains

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhahaha. i know, right?!! i long for "like" buttons on everything now.

    ReplyDelete