Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 16

I've been trying to articulate my life less and less in terms of status updates, which should be aided by this Facebreak. I will say I think FB is good practice for being a politician or celeb though, because it got me into the habit of automatically condensing my thoughts into sound bites. I've spaced out for stretches of time and walked 2 blocks past my intended destination or straight into a mailbox as I tried to come up with the best and funniest way to briefly say what I'm thinking. For example:

"Today isn't going so smoothly right now. It would be really nice if people remembered how these things play out, so that I don't have to do the same amount of work and explaining every time we go through it."

usually turned into something like:

"Everyone sucks at life."

Other times I do this without even trying, I'm pretty sure I've had entire conversations where I just spouted one-liners. Like

(phone rings)

me - (picks up phone) O holla!
translation: Hello.

kt - Hey what are you doing?

me - I do what I want!
translation: I'm currently being told to do something and ignoring it completely.

kt - Sounds about right, so what's going on today?

me - I'm doing advertising.
translation: I'm checking FB or talking on the phone when I should be doing advertising.

kt - Of course you are. Do you want to grab dinner tonight?

me - I love fatkid snacks!
translation: Yes, let's. After I inhale some mozzarella sticks I'm going to order a bacon cheeseburger with extra cheese...and extra bacon.

kt - Cool, I'll meet you at your office around 6:30.

me - O snap, oh no you d'in't, that's the jam!
translation: I can't wait, really looking forward to it.

(click)

Maybe now I'll have an easier time remastering language in its extended form. Probs not though.

No comments:

Post a Comment