Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 30

Gotta find my puuuuuur-pose! Gotta find me. (can you tell I've been dipping into cast recordings again?) Back to this thing about no FB:

I am in deep digital love with my iPhone, which may sound dirty but just means I likes it alot. Contrary to our love I've been less glued to it since the Lenten Facebreak, because much of that use was admittedly due to documentation of my life via FB. So riding in to work today on my subway train, I'm reading this article in Time magazine (OMG remember PRINT?!) about radiation in cell phones causing brain cancer, and it made me think that using it less is probably a good thing. Then I started considering that I hardly ever hold my iPhone next to my head anyway. Even when I do actually make an iPhone-call, I usually put my mic'd earbuds in because I'm a gal-on-the-go and prefer to have my hands free to punch bums or rummage through my purse for a valid Starbucks gift card. This led to thinking about where I actually do hold my iPhone. When I'm not using GPS to find my way home or playing Simon, my shiny brick lives in my back pocket. This whole thought process has taken me almost all the way to Times Square (my stop) and convinced me I'm going to someday have ass cancer.

I immediately moved my iPhone from my back pocket and far away from my ass, perching it on my knee so I could glare at it accusingly for the rest of the subway ride. When I surfaced at 40th Street and got a signal again, I forgave it because it doesn't know any better (I'm going to be a great parent) and used it to Google how often cell phones emit radiation. Since I believe everything I read on the internets, the answer is all the time, not just when you're using it. So actually, by not FBing and keeping it in my back pocket more often, I've been increasing my chances of ass cancer. Awesome, thank you Jesus.

Hope you had a good day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment